Would you and your children know what to do in the case your home is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in the case of emergencies. Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form