Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a home on pets, clothing and shoes. It is practically impossible for you to stop mold encountering your residence. It’s only when there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to consult with that can tell you the kind of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert that can develop the best way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold will cause damage to your home and major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in any given property, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your home healthy and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is lucky, as it’s among the more horrible. It needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in cold and warm areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services necessary to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.