Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, however the species of mold that grows in your house or property is the real problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold infiltrating your residence. You should take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with that can tell you the type of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will devise the best way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your house and major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it resides in, meaning that the longer it goes untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in any given home, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in making your residence safe and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It thrives in overtly moist, porous locations such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it’s among the more terrible. It requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This species of mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in warm and cold areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing necessary to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.