Preventing Water Damage
Water damage can be extremely hard to detect by the untrained eye. Thankfully for homeowners, the experts from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our professionals can tackle any level of water damage at extremely affordable rates. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. But in order to find water damage before it increases, property owners should be able to identify water damage. There are precautionary steps you can take to evade water damage in your home. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
What Causes Water Damage?
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. That’s why it’s imperative to look in your home for the signs of water damage. This means finding the time to inspect the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here’s what can cause water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, it could have been prevented. Don’t let this happen to you. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary actions to prevent water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to take care of you.