Preventing Water Damage
Unless you’ve been trained on water damage, it can be very difficult to detect. Thankfully for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. We can tackle any level of water damage at very affordable rates. Has your home undergone unexpected water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner should have the skill of detecting water damage. There are preemptive actions you can take to avoid water damage on your property. The best way to take care of water damage is to stop it from occurring in the first place.
How Water Damage Occurs
How does your house sustain water damage? When a surplus of water collects in places where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your house to assess water damage. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, you will live in your house for years to come. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your house can cause water damage. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s important to be careful. Do you believe that there is water damage in your house? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Are you worried about your house receiving water damages? There are a few preemptive actions that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from ruining your house:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Leaking or burst pipes can cause serious damages to your house. If you need water damage repair services, call Paul Davis at 888-473-7769. When you reach out to us, our experts will connect you with your local Paul Davis expert. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to tackle.