Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that are just as harmful. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as experts in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your air conditioning.
- Position large fans towards open doors and windows to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Our Fire Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your building had recent smoke and soot damage? Reach out to to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke repair services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.