Repairing Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by smoke odor and your walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Your home can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’ Services
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of soot removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your home had recent smoke damage? Turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke repair services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.