Repairing Fire Damage
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and walls can be damaged by smoke soot. A fire can have catastrophic, lasting effects both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
How to Repair Fire Damage
Your house can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your AC.
- To push out smoke, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.