How You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a building. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while smoke soot can seriously stain walls. A fire can have extreme and catastrophic both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop spreading smoke.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent soot damage? Turn to Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.