You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions, while smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted and disastrous both to your home and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
Your house can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system to stop smoke from spreading.
- To fan out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’ Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.