Ways to Remediate Fire Damage
Fire can cause some major damage to a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by smoke odor and walls can be stained by smoke soot. A fire can have devastating and extreme effects both to your home and your family.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our fire repair specialists are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
How You Can Clean Up Fire Damage
Your home can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- To fan out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your home undergone soot damage? Reach out to to the specialists from Paul Davis. After we finish our restorations services, your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.