Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Fire can cause significant damage to a building. However, many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions, while walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted and disastrous both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
You Can Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Your home can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- To fan out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your home had recent fire damage? Reach out to to the experts from Paul Davis. After we finish our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.