Ways to Remediate Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your family and your house.
When your precious possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Cleaning Up Smoke Damage Repairs
Your house can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- To suck out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we finish our restorations services, your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke repair services technicians from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.