Ways to Remediate Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions, while smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Experiencing a fire can have lasting and catastrophic both to your house and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as fire repair technicians, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent smoke damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire repair services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire repair services technicians from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.