You Can Repair Fire Damage
Fire can be extremely destructive to a building. However, many people don’t know about the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
How You Can Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- To fan out smoke, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house recently undergone smoke damage? Turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire repair services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.