You Can Repair Fire Damage
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire restoration experts are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Ways to Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your building had recent smoke damage? Turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.