Repairing Fire Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings and soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire restoration technicians are here to help restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’ Smoke Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis a variety of smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your home had recent smoke damage? Reach out to to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.