How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
Fire can be very destructive to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that can be just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and soot can seriously damage walls. Experiencing a fire can have disastrous, extreme effects both to your home and your family.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Clean Up Smoke Damage
Your house can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The experts from Paul Davis a variety of smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.