Repairing Fire Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as destructive. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and soot can seriously stain walls. Experiencing a fire can have extreme, catastrophic both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- To push out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone soot damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire restoration services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.