How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
We all know how destructive fire can be in a building. However, many people disregard the other detrimental elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions and walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your family and your house.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Repair Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get you’ll have your home back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services technicians from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.