Repairing Smoke Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and walls can be damaged by soot. Experiencing a fire can have disastrous and lasting effects both to your home and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Your house can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- To fan out smoke, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent smoke damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.