Repairing Smoke Damage
Fire can cause some major damage to a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions, while your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Your home can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- To push out smoke, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The experts from Paul Davis a variety of smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the fire repair services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.