Repairing Smoke Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a building. However, many people don’t know about the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while walls can be damaged by smoke soot. A fire can have devastating and lasting effects both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Repairing Smoke Damage Cleanup
Your building can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your AC.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to push out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your building undergone fire damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke repair services specialists from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.