Repairing Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can damage both to your family and your home.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Repairing Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.