Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke, while smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have disastrous, extreme effects both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
How You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Your building can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system to stop smoke from spreading.
- To fan out smoke, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your building had recent smoke damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your home back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (740) 971-1299. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.