How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Fire can be very destructive to a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor and your walls can be stained by soot. Experiencing a fire can have disastrous and deep-rooted effects both to your house and your family.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
How You Can Clean Up Fire Damage
Your building can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your air conditioning.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your building had recent smoke and soot damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the fire repair services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.